Thursday, March 14, 2013

Corruption of the Damned.. without the corruption or the damned...


This film was very time consuming due to not knowing (and still not sure) of how to save my progress to go back and work on it more.  So I ended up recreating this 4 times.  However, redoing it so many times led me to discover cool new tools and ways to express the style that George Kuchar shot in.  Finding the time where my friends and I were all available was difficult at first as well.  I want to thank them though for helping me out with shooting!! 

Some things I am proud of in this film are the spliced pieces I made using the "blade" tool in order to create the 60s style of choppiness.  Some frames would be skipped in earlier media and I was happy to create some of that effect on my own.  Although, I wish I could have added more of that choppy look in the beginning.

I also enjoy the audio use.  I chopped up the original audio and placed it in the appropriate places when a new scene appears.  I am happy with the mood each part of the audio I chose creates.  I am also happy with the Charriots of Fire audio I added.

I came up with the name to clarify that I don't nearly capture any of the concepts Kuchar did; it merely would have been too long and weird of a film.  Just this mini scene was already pushing the time limit we had.

Anyways, here is my piece, "Corruption of the Damned... without the corruption or the damned", based off of George Kuchar's "Corruption of the Damned".


No comments:

Post a Comment